Wednesday 21 November 2012

A trip to Segovia and Rapunzels castle





Hello! I thought I would share some photos from a recent trip I was on. A couple of friends and myself made our way to the historical town of  Segovia. The landscape was beautiful and it was wonderful to get out of Madrid for a couple of hours. It was strange seeing mountains and sheep for the first time in months.  I grew up in the countryside so being in a city for 3 solid months was a big change but I love it.
Aquaduct

We visited  the Alcázar of Segovia which is a stunning castle. This castle was inspiration for the castle in the  Walt Disneys film  Rapunzel and the  Cinderella castle at Disneyland. 







On our way to the castle we came across this very unusal  and detailed statue near the Aquaduct of Romulus and Remus, the  founders of Rome, suckling on a wolf...



Segovia is definitely a must see place if you are ever up around that part of Spain. I think Toldeo is next on the list and then I will venture off to  Morocco early next year. 
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!